Auto Align 2 questions

Hello all,

I’m loving the ease of use with Auto Align 2, such a time saver! Yesterday, I had an issue I hadn’t had before, and just looking for advice…

I would take a song, and add AA2 across the drum tracks, usually 8 tracks. I’d click align, and then start the DAW (studio One 6). When I did that, the DAW would quit, and I’d have to re-start. This happened many times. Disclaimer - Since I don’t have to align drum tracks all the time, I can’t recall if I did things differently last time?

Can you tell me what I was doing wrong? I’m on MAC OS 14 Sonoma.

Also, I had asked previously about baking the alignment into the tracks after alignment. I thought this might be good in case tracks go to another studio…how would I do that?

Thanks,

Mark

Hi @mark.holley,

Thanks for your message.

To bake in (render) the alignment in Studio One, follow these steps:

1. Select the aligned events.
  2. Click the ‘Macro’ button at the top of the screen and make sure ‘Audio Editing’ is selected.
  3. In the top bar under ‘Rendering’ click ‘Event FX’ - this will print your aligned tracks to new tracks.

If you have any crashes, please make sure you’re using the latest Auto-Align 2.1.0.
You can click the Auto-Align logo to see which version you’re using.
If you’re using an earlier version, please download and run the latest installer from the Downloads page and see if the issue persists.

If it does, please send us a message to [email protected] and we’ll be happy to take a close look.

Thanks,

Oran