Auto-Align 2 in Pro Tools

I recently watched a tutorial video on YouTube that demonstrated how to instantly analyze and render Auto-Align 2 in place on individual drum tracks. This was done with basically 2 clicks. The presenter was using another DAW that I’m unfamiliar with, maybe Logic. Is this also possible in Pro Tools? If not, what is the recommended workflow using Pro Tools if my goal is to render Auto-Align 2’s output in place at the start of a mix?

Thanks!

Hi @jay.littleton,

Thanks for your email.

You probably saw Auto-Align 2 used in a host that supports ARA (Logic Pro, Cubase, Studio One and more).

Currently, Pro Tools doesn’t support Auto-Align 2 as an ARA pluign but that’s going to change very soon ;).

In the meantime, the fastest Pro Tools workflow would be:

1. Insert AA2 in the first insert slot of all the tracks you’d like to align.

2. Click ‘Align’ and capture the entire song into AA2.
    You can also click ‘Align’ and then export the song’s range to an mp3 or a WAV file, the same way you do when exporting a mix, during the export (which can be non-realtime) AA2 will capture the audio.

3. Listen to the alignment and make any adjustments if needed.

4. In Pro Tools’ Edit Window, select all the aligned tracks, right-click on one of the Auto-Align insert slots → Commit up to this insert.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at [email protected].

Thanks,

Oran

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 18.00.21

1 Like

Thanks @Oran! Looking forward to ARA but in the meantime this guidance is super helpful!

1 Like

when I do this the tracks jump in time and don’t align with the rest of the session.

Hi @kristinn,

Sorry to hear about this issue. Please send us an email to [email protected] and we’ll do our best to help.

Thanks,
Oran