Auto Align 2; How to capturing "aligned audio" in Pro Tools?

Since AA2 looks to be ARA2 - And also inserted as a “native plugin” what would be the workflow to reimport processed audio files to get rid of the cpu consuming AA2 Plugin during mixing the processed files?

or should there be a RTAS version of AA2? (just found RTAS of AA1)
Thank you MUCH

Hey Ralph,
I’m not sure I understand your question, so it’ll be great if you can give us more details.

Both, Auto-Align 1 and Auto-Align 2 supports existing (non-ARA) hosts and workflows.
If Auto-Align 2 is “Waiting for Playback” it means it’s running without ARA.
It’s adviced to capture the entire project to give Auto-Align 2 better perspective of the content.

Under ARA, there’s no capture step since the plug-in can access audio immediately.

or should there be a RTAS version of AA2? (just found RTAS of AA1)

RTAS is stopped being supported by Avid Pro Tools more than 10 years ago, so it would be great if you could also clarify this statement. :slight_smile:

Thank you.

Ah please excuse my expression, I’m quite new here (but full of enthusiasm as far as AA2 is concerned) :wink:
Thanks for the answers so far…

AA2 is so clèver and works sense and correct.
I let the plugin record the whole song and then adjusted various little things.
Now the sound and the spatiality is perfect.

How can I freeze/capture/render/bounce in place, or whatever, this state now in ProTools HDX so that I can remove the plugin?

Probably this is quite simple and I make a curious error in thinking…? :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot & rock on!!!
Cheers, Ralph

You can simply use Pro Tools freeze or commit functions like any other plug-in.
only caveat with AA2 that you should make sure all tracks that were in the AA2 group you’ve committed are frozen/committed.

If you need further help, feel free to get in touch with our support :slight_smile:

Best,
Tal.