How to keep Original Timestamp when commiting ARA AAP in Pro Tools

Is there a way to retain the Original TC of clips when rendering/committing ARA ?

I’ve been using AAP Audiosuite for years using the clip by clip mode in order to keep metadata including original TC so that I can always recover the non aligned version of a clip using the Field Recorder match feature.

I’m trying to see if ARA could be a more flexible way to align mics but loosing the Source TC when rendering makes it useless for my workflow.

Or maybe it’s a Pro tools issue?

Hi @jcuendet,

Thanks for reaching out.

This is currently expected behavior with how Pro Tools handles committing any ARA plug-in.

We’ve requested that Avid preserve timestamps upon committing, but we don’t have an ETA on when or if this capability will be implemented on their end.

Best,
Oran