First Week with POWAIR! Some Love, Questions and a Few Thoughts!

Hi Team!

Absolutely LOVE Powair… and my first question really is how is your plugin so good?! The Leveler alone makes it one of the most useful plugins I have ever used. Huge congrats + gratitude to you!

One question:

When I hear some pumping in the leveler, I usually adjust the LU integration time, but I’m wondering if shrinking the gain range would also help? Any recommendations there? I’m mostly using it for dialogue fader riding.

Two requests:

1. If possible, I’d love to be able to turn off the color spectrum on the output meter. It’s great, but a little distracting! I’d love the option to have it match the elegant grey of the input meter.

2. Little bit of a bigger ask but here goes: I’d love to be able to have the leveler write automation that I can make manual adjustments to. Is that possible in a hidden feature I’m not aware of? Leveler works better than any plugin out there… by far… but there are some times I’d love to adjust a few of its fader moves by hand.

That’s all for now. Again, huge thanks for this plugin and I love you all!

1 Like

Hey @singerville !
It’s great you’ve got the pow-air :slight_smile:

When I hear some pumping in the leveler, I usually adjust the LU integration time, but I’m wondering if shrinking the gain range would also help? Any recommendations there? I’m mostly using it for dialogue fader riding.

I’ll add some explanation of the parameters that might help better.

• Integration Time, is indeed ‘how much time’ summarized together.
    The longer, your LU value will move less. the shorter, it’ll be more ‘jumpy’.

(We’ve received several feedbacks that Integration time of 700ms seems like a nice spot for smoothing out dialogues.)

• Target Level - where you aim your signal to be ‘around’. It’s strongly tied to the integration time of course.

• Gain Range - How much ‘freedom’ you give the leveler to work.
    (It would be nice to start with 2-3dB)

Having said (wrote) that,
It all depends on your dialogue.

3 Likes

Thank you for clarifying those parameters for me! That helps so much :slight_smile: