TC Powercore works sort of

Hi,
I have a TC Electronic Powercore firewire box hooked up to a new (2017) iMac using the Firewire 800 port on an OWC ThunderBolt 3 Dock and a Firewire800 to 400 cable. Everything seems ok BUT:
If I try to load more than ONE plugin I get nasty digital distortion- not even close to being usable?
Is there some trick to be able to run more than 1 power core plug at a time? It’s almost not worth it if you can’t.
Thanks
Ed

Hi Ed,

Thanks for your message. Here are a few things to try:

1. Make sure you’re running the latest (un)official PowerCore software drivers v4.5 beta72
  2. Power-Cycle all your devices - Physically shut-down your machine, ThunderBolt dock and PowerCore then power them up again with following order: PowerCore, ThunderBolt and lastly your machine.
  3. Launch the PowerCore software, click on the Setup tab and make sure Plug-in Loading is set to the default High Compatibility Mode and Buffer Multiplier is set to x1.
  4. Set your DAW’s I/O buffer to 512 samples. If you’re using Logic Pro X, set the Process buffer range to Small.

If this still doesn’t work, shoot us an email to support along with your macOS, PowerCore software version, DAW brand and version and how’s your DAW’s I/O buffers and PowerCore software are configured.

Cheers,

Nir