Band Solo for SurferEQ

Would like to suggest the addition of a Band Solo function, to aid in zeroing in on the instrument/bandwidth or harmonic that you are trying to enhance or reduce. I have this feature on another EQ that I use routinely [DMG Audio’s EQuick] and find the feature extremely valuable. Also I would like to recommend a longer evaluation period. I was evaluating PowAir at the same time but found that 7 days was insufficient time to evaluate all of the features.
I primarily do live capture of musical performances and have quite a few releases. On the current project, I had a double bassist that will not use a pickup and was using an RE 20 [his personal mic] and standing between a grand piano and a drum kit. This is a 10 piece band with 6 horns. The performance was bebop jazz with a narrator reading beat poetry over the music. I found that SurferEQ was invaluable in bringing out the bass while reducing the stage spill but I believe I could do a better job of isolating the bass with a Band Solo function.

1 Like

Hi @ARuedemann!
Thanks for the feedback. I’ve added it to our feature requests list :wink:

Regarding longer trial. simply contact our support and we’ll provide you with more time.

1 Like