Can I route my DJ Software Output through POWAIR?

Hey guys, searching the net for a transient leveler I cam across POWAIR.

I use a DJ software on my pc to playback music [mp3’s] and want some way to auto level every tune’s frequencies but WITHOUT adding any color to my software or the tunes. I am thinking POWAIR will do this according to my understanding in the description?

If POWAIR can do this then I would need to route my Software’s Output through Powair’s Input then Powair’s Output to the PC’s Headphone OUT but first I am seeing this in the manual:

PLUG-IN FORMATS:
• AAX
• Audio Unit • VST
• VST3

I would need this to work with Winamp plugin, can this work please? Thanks. Mike

Hi @ fonzhende1,

Which DJ software are you using?

You can definitely balance your output with POWAIR (as VST) using DDMF’s Virtual Audio Stream or a similar program in conjunction with your DJ software. Virtual Audio Stream will be used to place POWAIR between your software and you computer’s output.

Both POWAIR and Virtual Audio Stream are available for demo.

If you need help setting this up, feel free to contact us @ [email protected]

Thanks,

Oran

Hello Oran and thanks for responding, Sorry I never got the email notification that my topic had a reply.

This is the software I am using: https://otsav.ots7.com/buy-otsav-dj/

Unfortunately OTSAV DJ doesn’t natively support VST plugins. I tried the Stereo Tool software which works with OTSAV but only via the Winamp plugin. Problem was using that software changes the sound of my mp3’s and it also doesn’t appear to do a good enough job of leveling all frequencies [transients].

So I am not seeing how it will work with a VST plugin?

Mike.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply.

I was able to use POWAIR with OtsAV with the help of DDMF’s Virtual Audio Stream.
Since OtsAV doesn’t support VST plugins directly, Virtual Audio Stream is what allows you to place POWAIR after OtsAV and before your computer’s audio output.

Here are the steps:

Download and run POWAIR and Virtual Audio Stream.

Click the speaker icon on your taskbar, click ‘Open sound settings’ and set your output to ‘Steam 1 (DDMF Audio Device)’.

Launch OtsAV and play some music.

Launch Effect Rack.

Click Plugins --> Edit list of available plugins --> Options --> scan for new or updated VST3 plugins --> Scan - let Effect Rack complete the scan, if it crashes, reopen and scan again until it finishes.

Click Options --> Change settings for first stream.

Set device type to Windows Audio, set the correct output, set the input to Stream 1, and close the settings windows.

Right-Click somewhere in the middle of stream 1 (first one on the left) and select Sound Radix --> POWAIR

Right-click at the top of the stram and select Audio Input and at the bottom right-click and select ‘Audio Output

Make the connections as shown in the picture below and you should be hearing your music through POWAIR!

Double click the POWAIR box to open the POWAIR’s GUI.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Thanks,

Oran

Wow thanks a million!

We lost power here in QUEENS NY yesterday so I won’t be able to try this until power is restored.

Meantime can you tell me if I might also be able to run other vst plugins over otsav with this method please?

Hi Mike,

You’re welcome. Yes, I was able to run other VST’s this way.

Stay safe,

Oran

Cool thx. Still no electricity yet, can’t wait to try this out but I got no choice but to wait sighhhhhhhh

We are hoping to get back electricity today so I can try this out tomorrow but…

Anyway, this is a plugin I had also wanted to try, any idea if it might work with OTSAV please?

Hi Mike,

It works! I believe most VST and VST3 plugins will work in this set up.

Hello Oran, finally got our Net back so trying this out now. I have followed all instructions to the letter but got stuck at this point: Launch Effect Rack .

Click Plugins --> Edit list of available plugins --> Options --> scan for new or updated VST3 plugins --> Scan - let Effect Rack complete the scan, if it crashes, reopen and scan again until it finishes.

Click Options --> Change settings for first stream .

As you can see from the attached screenshot no option for “Change settings to first stream” is showing?

Hi Mike,

You can close the available plugins window and click the ‘Options’ menu at the top of the Effects Rack window (after ‘File’ and ‘Plugins’) from there you’ll be able to choose the ‘Change settings for first stream’ option.

If have any questions, please contact us @ [email protected], we’ll do our best to get you up and running as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Oran

Hello Oran, I have done as requested by contacting Support but I have other guys wishing to try out the software too so I am posting here also just so they can follow along and try on their end.

Right-Click somewhere in the middle of stream 1 (first one on the left) and select Sound Radix --> POWAIR

When I right click, as can be seen in the attached screenshot I am not seeing the option above so maybe I am not rightclicking in the correct place?

Hi Mike,

Looks like you are right-clicking in the right place. Can you please run the VST3 plugin scan again?

(Click Plugins --> Edit list of available plugins --> Options --> scan for new or updated VST3 plugins --> Scan - let Effect Rack complete the scan. If it crashes, reopen, and scan again until it finishes.)

If I right-click somewhere in the middle of a stream, I can see all my plugins below the Audio Input/Output and Midi options.

Hello Oran, I did try all of this from scratch after uninstalling and reinstalling Power and VAS but still same deal. Whenever I click on the SCAN that window immediately closes so doesn’t;t appear to me to scanning for anything so maybe that’s why the next steps are not possible?

I had contacted Support over the w/e as suggested, thanks.

Hi Mike,

I sent you message through our support system. I think we can solve this issue more efficiently from there. We’ll post any interesting findings here as well.

Thanks,

Oran

Hello Oran, just a note that I had replied to the support instructions since last week and haven’t gotten a reply? Thx.

Hi Mike,

I’m sorry to hear my message hasn’t reached you. I replied 8 days ago, it might have been flagged as spam. I sent you an email just know. If you don’t see it please check your spam folder. If you don’t receive the email, please let me know.

Thanks,

Oran

I did get YOUR email Oran and I had replied to it answering your instructions. Since you hadn’t received that email, I will resend it but I will post here too just in case.

The immediate problem is that in this folder:

our VST 3 plugins are located here:

• C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

There is only one entry POWAIR.VST3 so no other plugins and no other files are showing in that folder.

Hi Mike,

I received your email and replied :slight_smile: