Suggestion: Copy Offset Value to Clipboard Checkbox

I just wanted to chime in and say that this feature, combined with the extended delay time in the 2.0.3 public beta, has been extremely useful.

I work as an assistant sound editor at a post audio house called Signature Post. One of my first tasks when I started working at Signature was to put together a workflow for syncing the dialog assemblies we give to our DX editors, without the use of SyncroArts’ Titan and its Fix Sync function. Titan is something that many assistants still use and rely on, but the program is no longer supported, isn’t for sale, and cannot run on newer operating systems, so many of us have been looking for an alternative.

being able to access the offset value data was the exact feature we needed. With some help from our lead engineer I put together a macro in Keyboard Maestro that selects a clip, presses visualize, opens the .txt file, copies the offset value to the clipboard, strips the extraneous characters from the text, pastes the remaining numbers into Pro Tools nudge value field, then nudges the waveform using the “nudge within clip boundaries” key command to shift the production mic channels into sync with the AAF, in a single keystroke. in action it looks very similar to the script @dustinharris posted above.

Is there any chance a function similar to the macro I described could be incorporated into the plug directly, in a future version of AAP2? Being able to quickly sync the production mic channels without rendering any new audio is essential and if AAP2 could do that “out of the box” without relying on any additional programs (ie soundflow, keyboard maestro) it’d be a big help to a lot of other assistants I know. I do know there are a few other companies currently trying to create an adequate replacement for Titan’s FixSync, but just by making the offset value data available you guys are already miles ahead.

Anyway, that’s it, just wanted to put that out there, thank you for thinking to add this feature, it’s truly a lifesaver.

Best,

Nick Papalia
Assistant Sound Editor

3 Likes

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your warm words of support!

With ARA support and other development coming to Pro Tools soon, I believe AAP will be able to do that out of the box, without relying on additional programs.

Cheers,

Nir