32 Lives compatible with macOS Mojave?

macos
mojave

WWDC 18’ has ended. macOS Mojave 10.14 announced.

We’ll do our best to update you with latest information we have for compatibility.

Current State:

• Tested with macOS Mojave 10.14 Developer Build 2.

• Tested with macOS Mojave 10.14 Developer Build 4 (18A336e)

• Tested with macOS Mojave 10.14 Developer Build 5 (18A347e)

• Tested with macOS Mojave 10.14 Developer Build 6 (18A353d)

• Tested with macOS Mojave 10.14 Developer Build 7 (18A365a), regression: Activity Monitor no longer shows name of plug-in in agent.

• Tested with macOS Mojave 10.14 Developer Build 8 (18A371a)

• We’ve tested macOS Mojave 10.14 with 32 Lives 2.0.4 and it does work.

• Changes since 10.13.5 (High Sierra):
    - 32 Lives will trigger a one time alert that warns 32 bit software won’t be supported after 10.14.

We didn’t see any major issue yet but,

• As with any new macOS, Apple removes old code, some plug-ins might break to some extent. - if you see anything let us know! we’ll do our best to resolve that.
  • Beta/pre-release software is known to change. Each new beta might break/fix/change things.

We’ll do our best to keep this post up-to-date and report if we see any change in behavior.

As always! We suggest to avoid using such beta as a daily driver for your DAW :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Caution! Latest macOS 10.14 Mojave betas cause Audio-Units to fail

Warning the following plug-ins might be broken on Mojave:

Virtual Guitarist - macOS Mojave 10.14.1-10.14.3 breaks Virtual Guitarist UI.

Update: Apple has fixed the issue on 10.14.4

Image-Line mac beta plug-ins (http://www.image-line.com/documents/news.php?tag=gross+beat)
Edison, Gross Beat, Harmless, Harmor, Maximus, Ogun, Slicex, Sytrus and Vocodex.

Might show up as black screen instead of showing their UI.
1 Like

I was one of the users that reported the break in the UI.
Just updated to 10.14.2 and still broken.

0 Likes

While we’re investigating internally if there’s a possible workaround, We’ve reported the issue to Apple. You can also reproduce this issue without 32 Lives just by opening the App itself.

1 Like

32 Lives compatible with MacOS High Sierra?
pinned #5
0 Likes

Tested 10.14.3. The issue is still there.
We’ve notified Apple and will update if we have on news on the matter.

0 Likes

Any new update on combatiablity with Mojave? I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled 32 Lives 3 times now… and still no dice. Will this work? or and I out of these plug-ins? Thanks

0 Likes

Hi @adamstan58, as clearly stated here. 32 Lives works just fine with Mojave.
There are specific plug-ins that have some incompatibility issues. but overall 32 Lives works with Mojave.

0 Likes

could my problem be that I downloaded the Legacy version 1st by mistake…
Logic still will not recognize my old wave plugins…

0 Likes

contact us through support and we’ll do our best to get you up and running asap.

0 Likes

Virtual Guitarist GUI is working now with Mojave 10.14.4 update

2 Likes

This is also the case for me, Image line mac beta plugin(I want gross beat) doesn’t work , I have a black screen instead showing their UI

I was right to try the demo of 32 live , Have you found solutions since then? I would like to point out that I am on Mojave 10.14.5

Thank

0 Likes

As stated above, Image-Line are known to not show UI. we have yet to find a workaround to changes introduced in Mojave in that regard. We do promise to update if we have any update on the subject.

0 Likes