Auto-Align Post for VST?

Just curious if there are plans to port this plug-in to VST? if not - why?
thanks

1 Like

Hi @llimbocker,
As we’ve announced on AES convention,
Auto-Align Post will be released as ARA2 plug-in in VST3 / Audio-Unit.

Expected / current ARA2 hosts are:

• Studio One 4.x or greater.
  • Logic X 10.4.2 or greater.
  • Reaper announced upcoming ARA2 support
  • Steinberg announced Cubase 10 or greater will support ARA2 in future versions.

If your host doesn’t support or expected to support ARA2, it might be worth contacting them :wink:

1 Like

Great news – I’m running latest Nuendo (currently 8.3) you say “ARA2 plug-in in VST3” - Should I understand that as meaning - Auto-Align Post will run as a VST3 - or inside a VST3 shell? or are you suggesting it won’t work with Nuendo until it supports ARA2 - and runs it natively? Thank you for helping me understand – and the obvious question - when? (approx- won’t hold you to it - kinda ‘when’)

ARA is an extension for “standard” plug-ins.
no shells or any complications.

Auto-Align Post is expected to require ARA2 support from the host.
So once host supports ARA2, Auto-Align Post is expected to work pretty straight-forward with it.

With Nuendo 10 officially announcing ARA2 Support in the upcoming maintainance update, in what timeframe can we expect a VST Version of AAP? I’m greatly looking forward to it!

2 Likes

Finally we have ARA2 in Nuendo and Cubase.
I hope we will not have to wait a long time for AAP…?

2 Likes

@hendrix97 @Ordinarius

Thanks for your interest! You won’t have to wait a long time at all. Watch the forum for a public beta invitation notification.

Cheers,

Nir

3 Likes

I am noticing using ARA in Nuendo 13 – that once I’ve aligned tracks - that subsequent editing on those tracks can reveal disqualifying artifacts in crossfades – The work around is to bake things in before doing addition editing - this is not ideal for obvious reasons, but I am resigned to this this workflow – Because of this workflow, I’m curious for instance, if you’re aligning two files - if you bake the aligned track and remove the plug in from the Set Ref track, would there be NO issues with that? – in other words I’d like to get the “SetRef” track out of the ARA domain and not have it linked to AAP – Also it’s annoying in Nuendo that you are not allowed to Zoom in the ARA workspace –

Hi @chip,

Thanks for your message.

You shouldn’t have any issues after using ‘Make Extension Permanent’ or ‘Render in Place’ on the aligned track and removing AAP from the Reference track.

In case you’ve missed it, you can detach the ARA window and re-size it. There are also dedicated zoom controls available at the bottom-right of AAP’s UI.

If there’s anything else, I can help with, let me know.
Thanks,

Oran

Hi@chip,
thank you very much for bringing up the editing issue!

Hi @ Oran,
do you probably have similar hints for me with AA2 and Samplitude?
When I tried only to fade out in the ARA generated tracks, Samplitude nearly crashed (= left alone, it recovered after an hour).
And would you recommend to move withe the poject to Nuendo?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @XLR,

Sorry to hear about this issue in Samplitude.

It would be great if you could send us a snippet from your project which demonstrates the issue. We’d be happy to look into it.
You can use Wetransfer to send the project to [email protected].

Thanks,

Oran

Hi @Oran,
thank you very much for the kind offer!
Would be great if you could have a look into it.

(But first I have to find out which of the insane number of small generated files in the generated FreezeData folder belongs to the part of the project to send…)

Thanks again!
XLR